Wednesday 16 September 2009

Quilting

I am on my way to quilting..... Today I looked in my local book shop for a beginners book on quilting with no success, so decided to try online to purchase what I wanted. There were so many to choose from and without looking at the pages I was unable to choose the right book. Now I will have to go further a field to look in a larger book store.



In preparation I decided to check that I have all the right equipment ready for when I start my project. When I looked at my needle case, it was a trip down memory lane for me as it was the first thing I ever made at school. I was probably around 7 years old and I have treasured it ever since.

As a small child I spent many weekends with my grandmother who taught me so many skills, sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet, rug pegging and also gardening. It was always such a pleasure being with her. I remember that she was left handed and it was rather awkward when she was trying to show me how to knit.


When I do eventually get started on my quilt it will be for my grandchildren and hopefully they will treasure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment